Movie Trailer Critique



In GT we did a project where we had to create our own movie trailer and poster about a movie we created or an existing movie. You can read about my process of making the poster/more details about the project here. We got to pick our teammates as long as we didn't work with the same people from our first quarter project. The team I was on was made up of Oriia, Chazz, Lester, and me. We had to create a Trailer Plan before we actually started filming anything, to plan things out. Honestly, I think we were very confused as to what to put in the plan. The photo to the side of this paragraph is our trailer plan.

At first glance I thought the project would be quite easy, but it wasn't. The project had so many requirements such we had to put one of the team's posters in the trailer, we needed to use text layovers, our own foley, have our own written voiceovers, all that fun stuff. Also, the trailer needed to be appropriate for first graders. I think thats the toughest challenge we faced, making the trailer rated G. I don't even think we really succeeded in making it appropriate, considering we ended up doing a horror film. We actually filmed a lot of foley but didn't end up using it. Our trailer ended up being almost thirty seconds under the time minimum. So, we didn't meet all the requirements and I'm surprised we received a 4/4.

I was very confused when I saw the class critique (second photo). An abundance of students gave us "above and beyonds" and "satisfactories" on 2/3 of the subjects I believe we did extremely poorly on: Audience and Requirements. I can agree that we did pretty well on Creativity considering we did think of the plotline ourselves and all. Im thrilled with the feedback we got from students, I just don't agree with it. I've learned that it's important to be proactive and get things done or else the product isnt going to be as satisfactory as it could have been.

2 comments:

  1. LIKED WATCHING THE PREVIEW OF THE WATCHERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like were you put the screen shots of the movie plan and results.

    ReplyDelete