Animation Outtakes


This quarter in GT, we're on to a new asignment, which means of course: new teams. The team I'm on is made up of Lester, Raghav, Loren, and me. Lester is a funny and cool guy. He can be a bit shy at times and can sometimes  get a little off task but at the end of the end of the day, hes an awesome person. Raghav is virtually the same person as Lester and they're basically connected at the hip. Loren is a really nice person as well. Her hair is dyed with rainbow streaks, which I find very cool. I hang out with Loren more than Lester and Raghav, but they're all awesome teammates.

Stop-motion animation is a technique used to make it seem as if an inanimate object is moving on itself. You do this by taking several photos of your subject completing a movement, such as a ball bouncing in my first example. There are many types of stop-motion animation such as clay-mation or object animation. In stop-motion, almost anything can be used as the subjects. Household appliances, humans, dolls, clay; they're all doable. A .GIF is pretty much stop-motion (or any type of animation really) put into a very small picture file that is very portable and easy to download or place somewhere really fast. .GIF files are usually very very tiny and can load almost instantly on the internet. I have created and placed two .GIFs on this post as examples.

For this assignment, we are supposed to choose someone on our team's story to tell through animation. Our story is sort of mixture of Loren and mine's (is that even proper grammar?). The story goes as so: Celeste's(my) friends at school tell me they dont want to hang out with me, so I get upset. When I get home, I log onto the internet, hoping to find friendship. I then find Loren and we bond over common interests. After beginning to trust her more I tell her all about my real life problems and she teaches me that communication is important. I then have to log off the internet, and when I go back to school the next day I use what I learned and talk to my friends about my feelings. Our theme is that Internet Friends are Real Friends and the moral is that Communication is Important.

Some of our classmates were a bit concerned about how our story takes place on the internet and we are taught that people on the internet are all creeps, but the truth is, only a small percentage of people on the internet are "creepy." Most people are like you and me; nice and friendly people. You can relate to this story because at some point in your life you have felt rejected or unwanted by someone who's opinion you cared about. At some point you've just wanted to be accepted. At some point you've wanted a friend or someone to be there for you.

((The black and white gif is was made by my best friend, Dylan, and is currently my most favorite this in the whole world))


No comments:

Post a Comment