High School...

Hello my fab af pizza people! I am probably actually the only one to ever continue this blog after leaving Mr. Sanderl's GT class.. What can I say, I miss venting to the internet even though no no will ever read this. I really miss middle school..I miss some of the teachers and the flow of it all. I miss no responsibilities at lunch or recess. Here in high school you have to think about everything you're doing. You have a future to build here.

Now, in a way I guess I'm lucky. I'm not attending a traditional high school, but a blended charter school. On Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays we go to school in person but do independent study. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we attend our block schedule live classes virtually at home. My school only has about 40 high school students, mostly freshmen like myself. Although only having to attend school physically three days a week is nice, I sort of miss the social aspect of traditional school..then again, that is why I left middle school.

I am surprised with how well I'm keeping up with my work since we have to be responsible in doing our assignments independently. It's mostly the stress that motivates me. No matter how many times I tell myself "You can do it tomorrow," or "it doesn't matter anyways," I have to get it done. It keeps me up at night if I don't. I guess that's a good thing.

So far, high school is okay. Being a freshman isn't so tough (for now at least). I miss not having to constantly explain what you want to do in a few years. People always assume I'm stupid with my career choice. Oh well, jokes on them (says me who has to retake algebra 1)... If you're going to high school, it's gonna be okay. You'll be fine. Just keep up with your work and don't be too intimidated by the upperclassmen, I've heard they smell fear.



^^ There's my school photo bc it's cute ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment